- 2016 marks 12th Annual Student Environmental Art Challenge by ACAP Humber Arm.
- This art challenge is open to all primary and elementary students within Corner Brook, the Bay of Islands, Pasadena and Deer Lake.
- The theme of the art challenge changes annually. This year’s theme was: “Plastics and the Marine Environment”.
- 330 submissions received in 2016
- All submissions reviewed by a judges panel. This year’s judges included:
o Diane Crocker, Western Star
o Wendy Woodland, Rogers TV
o Dave Lewis, NF Power
o Kim Sheehan, Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
o Sheldon Peddle, ACAP Humber Arm
- A winner is selected at both the Primary and Elementary level.
- Winners are presented with a new bicycle and helmet, compliments of NF Power. NF Power has sponsored this prize since the contest began in 2004.
- The 2016 Elementary Level Winner will be announced 11am, Monday, June 6th at St. James All Grade in Lark Harbour
o Sheldon Peddle of ACAP Humber Arm and either Carl Bishop or Matthew Hatcher of NF Power will be in attendance to announce the winner and present the bike.
o Media are welcome to attend; photo of student only, not other classmates.
- The 2016 Primary Level Winner will be announced 1pm, Tuesday, June 7th at Ecole CC Loughlin in Corner Brook.
o Greg Moore of ACAP Humber Arm and Dave Lewis of NF Power will be in attendance to announce the winner and present the bike.
o Media are welcome to attend
- ALL submissions received will be on display for public viewing at the Corner Brook Rotary Arts Centre during Environment Week, June 6th – 10th
- Digital copies of the winning submissions and top ten finalists in each grade category are available upon request.