At the Annual Gathering of the Wellness Coalition-Avalon East on January 28th, we will be seeking nominations for the position of co-chair of the steering committee for the coalition. This position is currently held by Greg Noel of The Lung Association NL. As per our terms of reference, this position is for a two year term and Greg has completed this. Please consider nominating a member of the coalition or putting yourself forward for this role. Further details are below. Please contact Heather Powell (contact details below) by January 26th if interested in making a nomination or if you have questions.
Leadership will be shared via a co-chair model. One co-chair position shall be permanently held by a Health Promotion staff from Eastern Health. The second shall be a coalition member, not employed by Eastern Health. This co-chair shall be elected by the membership for a two year term at the Annual Gathering and will have a minimum of one year participation in the coalition.
- Attending/chairing steering committee meetings which are a minimum of every two months
- participating in provincial coalition meetings which includes a conference call 2 – 3 times a year and two face-to-face meetings twice yearly (usually 1.5 day duration)
- assisting to develop the annual coalition report and work plan
- potentially taking a lead role in any number of broad coalition initiatives such as the community grants program, website maintenance, communication to members, or general coalition promotion,
- serving as a coalition representative
Health Promotion Wellness Consultant
Health Promotion Division, Eastern Health
3rd Floor Viking Building, Crosbie Road
(709) 752-4912 (T); (709) 752-4833 (F)