For the second time, The Co-operators is working closely with numerous academic and NGO partners to offer IMPACT! Youth Conference for Sustainability Leadership. The 3-day bilingual conference brings together students from all fields of study to work with business and academic leaders to develop and implement real sustainability solutions and to develop lasting networks.
- September 15-18, 2011 at the University of Guelph, Ontario
- 165 university & college students from across Canada selected to participate
- Inspired by leading key-note speakers including Dr. David Suzuki, working on tangible sustainability solutions with business and academic leaders; and building lasting networks
- All conference related expenses covered
- Application process is now open www.impactyouthsustainability.ca. Applications close February 4, 2011
The first IMPACT! Conference in 2009 included students from 50 universities and 10 colleges. Marina from Guelph said: “Overall, the conference was more than I expected! [It] was committed to a lasting and meaningful connection and impact. I was very impressed by the diversity of delegates selected, the excellence of the engaging speakers, and the honest interest and support in the ideas generated.” Hear what David Suzuki and others had to say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6AhvfHSfgM
The conference is nested within IMPACT! The Co-operators Youth Program for Sustainability Leadership which enables participants and alumni to: apply for seed funding; engage in post-conference webinars; benefit from post-conference training and internship opportunities; and, utilize platforms for ongoing learning, networking and collaboration.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.