The Food Security Network of Newfoundland & Labrador is seeking an Office Manager for an initial 6-month contract, with the opportunity for renewal for additional 6-months. FSN is a provincial, non-profit organization (founded in 1998) with the mission to actively promote comprehensive, community-based solutions to ensure physical and economic access to healthy food for all.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Manager will act as front line staff for the organization and will work with project staff and board members to achieve the following key duties:
• Handle routine office procedures such as emails, phone calls, filing, photocopying, mailings, and word processing
• Record and distribute minutes for teleconferences, project meetings, and other events
• Assist bookkeeper with data entry
• Manage payroll and accounts payable
• Coordinate logistics for events and meetings (space rental, catering, materials, supplies)
• Develop monthly board meeting materials (staff reports, work plans, agendas)
• Draft letters of support, submissions, other written materials
• Proof read content for proposals, materials, submissions, etc.
• Monitor and maintain office inventory and supplies
• Maintain and update the FSN Food Security Initiative Inventory
• Complete administrative duties for FSN projects (maintaining financial and narrative reports, administering payments)
• Provide other project support as required
• Experience using computer software including Microsoft Office 2007 (word, excel, powerpoint, etc.) and Simply Accounting
• Experience in office administration and clerical work
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Exceptional organizational and office management abilities
• Post-secondary training or equivalent experience/skill set
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Interest in food security
Experience with non-profit organizations and a commitment to working from a community-focused development perspective will be strong assets. Valid driver’s License and access to car is an asset.
Salary range for this position will be $15-$16/hr for 20 hrs per week, commensurate with relevant experience.
See www.foodsecuritynews.com for more information and to apply by February 11th, 2011.