The full-day session hosted by the NLEN will bring together NLEN members as well as other non-member environmental organisations for a workshop aimed at professional development and networking.
The purpose of the workshop is threefold:
- build the capacity of the participants with respect to proposal writing;
- provide a forum for dialogue between participating organisations and potential funders;
- provide an opportunity for funders to promote their funding programs.
Participant registration fee:
NLEN members: $20.00
[Note: Lunch and refreshment breaks will be provided to all participants and resource people].
Transportation subsidies for participants:
Transportation subsidies will be provided on a first-come first-serve basis exclusively to NLEN members. For those travelling by car: 15 cents/km; or 25 cents/km for the driver if carpooling with 1 or more workshop participant(s). By air: if flying within the Island, the equivalent of 15 cents/km driving mileage rate towards cost of the airline ticket; or 1/2 the cost of the airline ticket if flying from Labrador.
||Registration||Participants arrive, register, find seats, tea & coffee, etc.|
||Welcome & Introductions||Review agenda for the day; go-around for participant introductions.|
|9:45 – 11:30am
||Government: Environment Canada
– Canadian Wildlife Service: Habitat Stewardship Program, Aboriginal Funds for Species at Risk (Sheri Faulkner-Jackson)
– Mountain Equipment Co-op (Christine Krochak)
– Small Change Fund (Daniella LaGiglia)
|15 minutes for each fund/ program|
|11:30am – 12:15 pm
||Question and answer session||Like speed-dating, the resource people from each funding organisation will be at different tables; participants will be divided into 4 groups. Each group will circulate to each table and will be given a few minutes to speak to the resource people in an informal, small group setting.|
|1:15 – 1:30pm
||Introductions (for the benefit of presenters attending only the afternoon session)||Go-around for participant introductions.|
|1:30 – 2:30 pm
– TD Friends of the Environment Foundation (Marilyn Croft and Cathy Murphy)
– Community Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador (Carmella Butland)
Multi Materials Stewardship Board:
|15 minutes for each speaker|
||Question and answer session||Same format as morning Q&A|
|3:15||Wrap-up & Adjourn||Thank you to speakers; evaluation forms to participants|
This workshop is made possible thanks to the financial support of Environment Canada.
For further information:
Chris Hogan (NLEN)
Phone: 709-753-7898 / Email: email@example.com