Ecosystem Management Director (Executive Director)
Indian Bay Ecosystem Corporation
Indian Bay, NL
Indian Bay Ecosystem Corporation (IBEC) is a membership driven not-for-profit organization focused on the conservation and enhancement of our watershed. For over 20 years IBEC has been engaged in management and stewardship activities including mobilizing and conducting valuable ecosystem research. Located within the watershed is a field research station with office space, classroom facilities, laboratories and chalets among other amenities. IBEC strives to improve the understanding and management of our watershed through ecosystem-based research.
The Indian Bay Ecosystem Corporation is seeking an outdoor/conservation enthusiast to lead the organization in the realization of our mission. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides leadership in fulfilling the following key responsibilities:
• Position IBEC as an ecosystem management leader in hosting and mobilizing research;
• Establish a Communication Plan to increase membership and promote awareness of IBEC and it’s field research station;
• Serve as a champion and primary spokesperson of IBEC to the membership, public and partners;
• Develop a strategy to increase utilization of the field research station;
• Attract new funding and revenue to reduce the reliance on government funding;
• Oversee the management and overall direction of the organizations day-to-day activities, as well as the implementation and monitoring of projects;
• Develop partnerships and other agreements that align with the goals and advancement of the organization;
• Engage and advise the Board of Directors to maintain a strong, productive and motivated Board.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position will have the rare ability to act as fundraiser, strategist, champion and manager. He/She will be an innovative leader with a passion for the outdoors.
• Demonstrated leadership in a forward-thinking organization with a background in strategic thinking and programs;
• Successful track record of sourcing funding and proposal writing
• Board relations and governance skills;
• Outstanding communication skills including computer skills with Microsoft Office and website development;
• The ability to inspire, represent and connect with the membership, partners and other stakeholders;
• Partnership and relationship building skills;
• Strong conflict management skills with good judgment and a level-headed approach to leading and managing;
• Research experience and the ability to liaison with academic institutions.
A valid drivers licence and use of a private vehicle to travel to the field study station is required.
$45 000 – $55 000 depending on qualifications and experience
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 709-678-2458.
The closing date for applications is July 19th, 2011.