Northeast Avalon ACAP, Inc. is hiring an Office and Outreach Coordinator
NAACAP is seeking an energetic coordinator to assist in the day-to-day operations of a regional non-profit, community-based environmental organization and to implement its public engagement activities. The successful candidate will report to, receive direction from, and facilitate the decision-making of a volunteer Board of Directors. The Coordinator will play a pivotal role in carrying out NAACAP’s 2012-13 project commitments which include the mounting of a regional watershed stewardship workshop in February 2013, as well as planning 2013-14 projects and preparing project proposals
Primary duties are as follows:
- Implementing projects and associated communications plans in keeping with Board and/or Committee direction
- Liaising with project partners and community members
- Maintaining financial, administrative and reporting systems
- University Degree in related area (i.e. Geography, Business Administration, Biology, Environmental Science) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in planning and delivering workshops and other public events;
- Experience in project application and report writing;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong research and facilitation skills;
- Working knowledge of a variety of PC computer applications. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated expertise in bookkeeping, GIS, HTML and/or similarly specialized computing functions.
- Priority will be given to candidates eligible for Graduate Employment Program funding. Candidates eligible for this funding will have graduated from a post secondary institution in the last 2 years and be unemployed or under employed and preferably non EI eligible.
This is a contractual position to 31 April 2013 with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and adequate funding.
Salary: 32,000- 34,500/annum equivalent (~$17-$19/hr)
Candidates are asked to submit a detailed resume, a cover letter highlighting their relevant qualifications and experience, and provide contact information for two (2) individuals familiar with their work and accomplishments to date. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to provide samples of their written work.
Please direct questions and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4:00 p.m. Monday September 24th 2012