Responsible to the St. John’s Farmers’ Market (SJFM) Board of Directors, the SJFM Market Manager plays an integral role in the operation of the Market. The individual in the position is responsible for the week to week operations of the market, including but not limited to working with market vendors and other internal and external stakeholders. The Market Manager also works closely with the Board.
- BoardManagement Relations
- Awareness and Enforcement of Market Rules
- Dispute and Emergency Resolution
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance
- Record keeping
- Vendor Selection and Retention
- Communications and Market Promotion
- Market Setup and Breakdown
- Market Evaluation
- Professional Development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest and passion for Farmers’ Markets
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to communicate respectfully and professionally
- Marketing experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with a volunteer board
- Strong leadership skills
- Physical ability to set up and move tables and tents as needed.
- Must be able to circulate through the market during market hours
- Financial literacy and experience preparing financial statements would be an asset.
- Experience in food service management would be an asset
- Previous experience managing a farmers’ market would be a definite asset
The salary is $17,760 for the period starting from April 15 to the end of the Market season in late December, with an estimated 30 hour work week during that time.
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (or click “Apply Online” here)
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, March 31st, 2013.
Successful candidates will be contacted shortly thereafter to arrange an interview, which will be held on or around Saturday April 6th 2013. The start date for this position will be on or around Wednesday April 17, 2013.