Now Accepting Applications for Regional Supervisors! (Up to Six Positions Available)
Conservation Corps Newfoundland and Labrador’s Green Team Program provides young people with meaningful work, training and educational opportunities in the areas of environmental and cultural heritage conservation and enhancement. We are currently seeking individuals to coordinate and supervise our Green Team Program. We require individuals for the following areas/regions: (Labrador, Northern, Western, Central, Avalon and Metro).
- On-the-job skills training, including paid first aid certification;
- Competitive salary ($15.00/hour, for 35 hours/week, for 17 weeks, including vacation pay);
- Paid travel expenses;
- Work from home (optional);
- Exceptional work and travel opportunities – live, work, and travel within our beautiful province;
- Academic calendar fit (May 5th – August 29th, 2014);
- Supportive team environment.
- Recruit, supervise and support Green Teams;
- Exercise leadership in developing and maintaining positive relationships with partners;
- Support Team Leaders in establishing a safe and healthy work environment;
- Assist in facilitating workshops, debriefings, and other program activities;
- Promote a positive image of Conservation Corps in the community and to local media;
- Administrative management;
- Plan, monitor, evaluate and report on Green Team projects;
- Focus on developing personal leadership skills in yourself and the young adults you lead.
- Strong interest in developing leadership and supervisory skills;
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Problem-solving ability, self-confidence, and a strong work ethic;
- Sound judgment, creativity and maturity;
- Leadership experience with diverse groups of young people would be an asset;
- A valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance, and a willingness to travel;
- Preferred candidate would be living or originate from area/region applied.
How to Apply st
Please apply with cover letter, résumé and three references before Friday, March 21, 2014. Applications to be forwarded by mail, fax, or email to:
Hiring Committee, Conservation Corps Newfoundland and Labrador Suite 103, 10 Austin Street, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4C2
Phone: (709) 729-7266, Fax: (709) 729-7270
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.ccnl.ca.
Discover More in 2014! Discover A Summer Job That Makes A Difference!