Employment Opportunity: Program Coordinator, Green Team Program
Conservation Corps Newfoundland and Labrador (CCNL) is a non-profit organization with a mandate
to provide young people with meaningful work, training and educational opportunities in the areas of
environmental and cultural heritage conservation and enhancement. The CCNL is currently seeking a
confident and energetic team player to coordinate and implement our Green Team Program.
The successful applicant will have primary responsibility for coordinating and providing support to the
Green Team Program. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with staff recruitment,
program planning, project support, program administration, operational support, special events
coordination and training support. The Program Coordinator’s responsibilities may also include providing
assistance to other CCNL programs including new projects and initiatives as they arise. The Program
Coordinator reports to the Director of Programs.
The successful candidate will have:
• strong leadership experience and coordinating experience
• excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
• experience in administration duties
• experience with youth, educators and community groups
• experience in the implementation of workshops and learning opportunities/materials
• excellent writing and public speaking ability
• media and public relations experience would be an asset
• experience/knowledge of Conservation Corps programs would be an asset
• applicants should have a background or interest in areas such as the environment, culture or
• applicant must hold a valid class five driver’s license and access to a vehicle with appropriate
Position is based in St. John’s with travel throughout the province. Position pays $16.00 per hour (35
hours per week for 18 weeks) and runs April 28, 2014 to August 29, 2014.
Please apply with cover letter, résumé and three references before March 28, 2014. Applications to be
forwarded by mail, fax, or email to:
Hiring Committee, Conservation Corps Newfoundland and Labrador
Suite 103, 10 Austin Street, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4C2
Phone: (709) 729-7266, Fax: (709) 729-7270
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.ccnl.ca.
Due to the large number of applications anticipated, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.