Echo Pond Summer Camp/Environmental Education Commission is seeking an enthusiastic and responsible Camp Counsellor / Lifeguard for the 2015 summer season, for 7 weeks, from July 6th-August 21st, available for training from June 25th-27th. This is through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Therefore student must be:
- Registered as a full-time student for the preceding and next academic year
• Between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
• Must be Canadian Citizen and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Echo Pond is an overnight summer camp, taking place about 1 hour 15 minutes from St. John’s. Having access to a vehicle would be ideal for this position, however there is a possibility of carpooling.
The ideal candidate:
– Has valid Lifeguard certification
– Has up-to-date First Aid and CPR certification
– Enjoys working with kids
– Has an interest and knowledge in ecology, sustainability and the environment (university or college courses in a related field would be an asset)
– Is reasonably fit and enjoys spending time outdoors (experience and training in canoeing, outdoor skills, and gardening would all be assets)
– Works well in a team environment
– Is adaptable, motivated and caring
Pay is $13/hour, 35 hours/week with some flexibility.
Resumes and Cover letters should be emailed to:
They should be received no later than 5pm, Monday, June 8th.
Information about Echo Pond Summer Camp here:
Questions to: Laura (743-1898); firstname.lastname@example.org