NLEN is happy to co-host the Suncor Fluvarium Earth Day Fair – Sunday April 22, 2018 12 noon – 4:30pm and we want your organization to be part of it!
NEW: Register quickly online here: https://goo.gl/forms/EKrnzlktMIwu3JSU2
Each year hundreds of families come through the event, and leave with a better understanding of all the environmental initiatives that are taking place. This year we’re featuring a Mend-It Café, encouraging people to fix their cloths instead of trashing it, try some up-cycling and help out with a quilting service project!
As usual the event is free to the public or by donation. Environmental Non-Profit Organizations are welcome to set up a booth; For-Profit organizations are charged a fee of $25-50 (depending on what they can afford to pay). Sales or collections of any kind are not permitted during the fair; organizations are welcome to collect names for follow up and are welcome to have free draws at their booth.
Please see the questions below and let us know if you are participating.
The format will be similar to previous years with door prizes to be won (hopefully provided by some of your organizations) and a wide variety of Environmental Organizations represented sharing ideas for how to live gentler on the earth! The more hands-on activities the better and the more real data about why all of this is important would be great!
So … Are you in?? Here is what we need from you …
1) Will you be attending (or not)? I need an organization name and as soon as possible and a contact name for further communications about the event.
2) Do you have something you can donate as a giveaway to all or many participants at the door (something functional)?
3) Do you have something that we can use as door prizes (something to help people take the next step)?
4) Spread the Word! Join the Facebook Event! Share this information with other organizations or send me contact information that I can follow up with for other organizations that should have a booth!
The Mend-It Café was well received last year as a way to help participants keep good clothes out of the land fill, or at least think a little more about it! Imagine, volunteers with sewing machines and button attachment know-how and other such clothing repair skills sharing their machines and abilities with others – it was lovely! We will be looking for volunteers with know-how around some basic clothing repair. If you know anyone who can help with: sewing, buttons, fixing zippers, hemming … please share! This year we will also be working as a community to build a quilt to be donated to the Veterans Pavilion.
A little more information about the fair:
– Depending on how many people join us, each booth will have between 3-6ft of table space (assuming that some organizations may have to share a banquet table). If you have an organization that you would like to share a table with, do let me know!
– Have someone at your booth for the duration of the event; there is lots of time now to organize a shift or two.
– NLEN is hoping to have someone move around to offer relief to booths with only one volunteer available.
– Last year there were about 100 people through our doors … with that in mind let’s get the word out so we can double that this year!
Register quickly online here: https://goo.gl/forms/EKrnzlktMIwu3JSU2
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Denise at The Fluvarium if you have any questions (754-3474). We look forward to working with you to make this an amazing event!