Start date: June 3, 2013
Closing Date: May 25, 2013
13 weeks; 35 hr/wk with potential for extension
Weekends and some evenings, but hours are negotiable.
Food Education Action St. John’s (FEASt) takes action on healthy, sustainable, local food issues in the St. John’s region through public education, informing policy, creating and linking regional food-related projects, and promoting urban food growing and sharing. FEASt envisions that the St. John’s region will become a self-sustaining and cohesive food community, in which every person has access to reliable and ethical sources of foods that are fresh and healthy.
FEASt is currently hiring for the position of Seeds of Change Project Coordinator. This project will increase the availability of local food growing knowledge by gathering knowledge from local food growers, working with families to establish gardens, and documenting successes. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to:
· Establish a list of varieties of food plants best suited for the local climate.
· Work with families at a local community garden and offer family friendly activities.
· Assist families in establishing vegetable gardens in their backyards.
· Promote the project at the St. John’s Farmers’ Market and other educational opportunities.
· Blog about experiences and lessons learned.
The ideal candidate will be:
· Have some knowledge in vegetable gardening
· Have good writing skills
· Be familiar with social media; and
· Be friendly and outgoing.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.