Conservation Corps of Newfoundland and Labrador is a non-profit organization with a mandate to provide young people with meaningful work, training and educational opportunities in the areas of environmental and cultural heritage conservation and enhancement. Conservation Corps is now accepting applications for the following position.
Public Education and Outreach Coordinator
In partnership with the Climate Change Education Centre:
The Public Education and Outreach Coordinator will be primarily involved in structured climate change programming in schools and special interest groups throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, delivered on behalf of the Climate Change Education Centre (CCEC). The successful applicant will be responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, general public education and outreach, and assisting in other areas of climate change programming as required. The Public Education and Outreach Coordinator will also provide assistance to other Conservation Corps Newfoundland and Labrador (CCNL) programs, and may provide support to new projects and initiatives as they arise. The position is based in St. John’s but may require travel to schools and municipalities in all regions of the province.
• Initiate contact with schools and special interest groups to promote climate change resources;
• Deliver climate change presentations to schools and special interest groups throughout the province;
• Update existing educational materials, and develop new resources as required;
• Participate in outreach events that help raise awareness of the CCEC and CCNL;
• Maintain a detailed database of outreach activities, including numbers of people reached;
• Perform a variety of administrative support duties as applicable to the CCEC or CCNL.
Salary for the above position is based on $35,000 per annum for 35 hours per week until March 31st. Possibility of extension depending upon funding. Candidates for this position should have valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle with appropriate insurance.
Please apply with cover letter, resume and three references. For more information on Conservation Corps Newfoundland and Labrador and the Climate Change Education Centre please visit http://www.ccnl.ca or http://www.climatechangeeducation.ca
Application Deadline is Wednesday October 30th, 2013.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Selection Committee, Conservation Corps Newfoundland & Labrador
Suite 103, 10 Austin Street
St. John’s NL, A1B 4C2
Tel: (709) 729-7266
Fax: (709) 729-7270