Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is seeking an energetic individual for summer employment in Corner Brook, NL.
The Environmental Educator will work as part of a team to deliver Ducks Unlimited Canada “Project Webfoot” field trips to about 440 grade 4 students and deliver educational activities and events.
Reporting to the Conservation Programs Specialist, responsibilities will include:
• Delivering outdoor field trips
• Facilitating wetland education activities and events
• Compiling teacher feedback
• Preparing final report and recommendations
• Assisting with field work
• Other duties as requested
• Possess valid first aid and CPR training
• Be willing to complete a security clearance
• Have experience working with youth
• Have experience with outdoor education programs
• Possess excellent communication and organization skills
• Have enthusiasm for the outdoors, wildlife and conservation
• Be energetic and love working with children and the public
• Knowledge of wildlife/wetland biology an asset
• Fluency in French an asset
• Must be a youth and student returning to full time studies in fall of 2012
• Term of employment is at least 3 weeks and potentially up to 8 weeks, depending on receipt of additional funding.
• Anticipated start date is May 29, 2012.
• Rate of pay is $12.00/hr based on a 35-hour week.
• Some evening and weekend work and travel may be required.
• Work closely with the Conservation Programs Specialist and the public.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit (email preferred) your cover letter, resumé and the names of three references for confidential consideration by May 10, 2012 to the attention of:
Ducks Unlimited Canada
c/o CBPP Woodlands Department
P.O. Box 2001, Corner Brook, NL
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.