DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Summer Employment Opportunity – Environmental Educator
Location: Corner Brook, NL
Job Description: The Environmental Educator will work as part of a team to deliver Ducks Unlimited Canada’s “Project Webfoot” outdoor field trips to elementary school students and facilitate wetland education activities and events. Some travel may be required. Other duties will involve assisting the Conservation Programs Specialist with ongoing conservation projects.
Start Date: May 20th, 2014
End Date: July 4th, 2014
Hours: 35 hours/week. Daytime business hours, Monday – Friday (some evenings and weekends may be required)
Wage: $12.00/ hour
Qualifications: Applicants must
- Have experience working with children
- Have experience with outdoor education programs
- Possess excellent communication and organization skills
- Have enthusiasm for the outdoors, wildlife and conservation
- Be energetic and love working with children and the public
- Knowledge of wildlife/wetland biology an asset
- Fluency in French an asset
- Possess valid first aid and CPR training
Other Requirements: Applicants must be a youth between the ages of 15 and 30, have attended post-secondary school full time in 2013-14 and be returning to school full time in September 2014. Upon hiring, a certificate of conduct is also required.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2014. While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.