Student Summer Job
The Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society Newfoundland and Labrador chapter is looking for an Environmental Educator to join our team this summer. Successful applicant will assist coordinator with ongoing projects and public outreach.
Duties specific to this position will include (but not limited to):
- Working with the Witless Bay Puffin & Petrel Patrol Program
- Rescuing stranded puffin and petrel chicks during nightly patrols
- Releasing rescued chicks to the ocean
- Assisting with weighing/banding of birds
- Working with local communities and youth within the program
- Educating communities/businesses about “Dimming unnecessary Lights”
- Assisting with beach cleanups/hikes/etc.
Some weekends are required. Experience working with youth would be an asset. Position is for 7 weeks, 35 hours a week at 10 dollars an hour. Applicants must be a returning student in Fall 2014. Please send resumes to Tanya Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is May 23, 2014.