Position: Special Project Volunteers
Organization: Canadian Environmental Network (RCEN) http://rcen.ca
Locations: anywhere in Canada
The Canadian Environmental Network was founded in 1977, as a non-profit, non-partisan environmental network that links environmental organizations from across Canada. After loss of federal funding, the organization has become totally volunteer based and is going through a period of renewal to rebuild its membership base, extend its networking capability and re-examine its services and programs.
The Canadian Environmental Network is looking for additional volunteers to help build the new virtual organization through work on a number of projects and programs. As a volunteer you will have a very direct role, working with Board members and other volunteers in determining the future of the organization and will be able to network with individuals and environmental organizations from across Canada. It will also provide you with an opportunity to put into practice your knowledge, expertise and skills.
For more information about the Canadian Environmental Network please see our website at rcen.ca .
What areas are we seeking volunteer help?
We are looking for creative enthusiastic volunteers that can either act as team members or take an active leadership role. More specifically, at this moment, RCEN is seeking volunteers with a knowledge, interest and preferably experience in Canadian environmental issues and/or the specific areas below.
- Website Management (knowledge of the Drupal website content management system and website development would be highly desireable);
- Media Services (including writing / editing; experience using internet media for social marketing highly desirable);
- Membership Development and Services (developing a strategy to build a new membership base and identifying and building programs to serve them;
- Support in Material Translation (English-French);
- Support for RCEN Caucus Activities (e.g., the Health Caucus); and
- A Co-ordinator for the Biodiversity Caucus (training will be available for this position)
Applications will be held for a year and applicants will be considered for other volunteer positions, as the need arises.
Suggested commitment is at least 1-3 volunteer hours per week. Volunteers should also attend a monthly 1 hour conference call.
As RCEN has become a totally volunteer based virtual organization “without walls”, it makes extensive use of teleconferencing to link members and volunteers together. Consequently, as previously noted, volunteers should have access to a computer and the internet. You must be at least 18 years old. Please also indicate whether you will be available for volunteer activities over the summer period and/or available to start volunteering in September 2014.
If you are interested please send an email to us including your resume and indicating positions of interest to: