Conservation Corps of Newfoundland and Labrador (CCNL) is a non-profit organization with a mandate to provide young people with meaningful work, training and educational opportunities in the areas of environmental and cultural heritage conservation and enhancement. CCNL is now accepting applications for the following position.
Energy Efficiency Program Facilitator
In partnership with the Office of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Newfoundland Power, Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro and the Department of Education:
The successful applicant will have primary responsibility for facilitating an energy efficiency program, designed for grades K-6, through presentations in schools throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Initiate contact with schools to promote energy efficiency presentations and resources;
• Deliver energy efficiency presentations to schools throughout the province;
• Participate in outreach events that help raise awareness of the Office of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Newfoundland Power, Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro and CCNL;
• Maintain a detailed database of outreach activities, including numbers of people reached;
• Perform a variety of administrative support duties as required including evaluation and reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ability to deliver presentations in French an asset;
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
• Strong organizational ability;
• Experience working with youth, educators and schools;
• Strong writing and public speaking ability;
• Media and public relations experience would be an asset;
• Experience/knowledge of energy efficiency would be an asset;
• Applicant must hold a valid class five driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance;
• Successful candidate for this position will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Check.
Location & Salary:
Position is based in St. John’s with travel throughout the province. Salary for the above position is based on $35,000 per annum for 35 hours per week for approximately 36 weeks. Anticipated start date of September 15, 2014. Funding approval for this position is pending. As such, CCNL reserves the right to cancel this position, should funding approval be declined.
How to Apply:
Please apply with cover letter, résumé and three references before September 5, 2014. Applications to be forwarded by mail, fax, or email to:
Hiring Committee, Conservation Corps Newfoundland and Labrador
Suite 103, 10 Austin Street, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4C2
Phone: (709) 729-7266, Fax: (709) 729-7270
Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.ccnl.ca or http://www.climatechangeeducation.ca
Due to the large number of applications anticipated, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.