October 9, 2013
Volunteer Position: Graphic Designer
The Social Justice Co-operative of Newfoundland and Labrador is seeking a volunteer graphic designer to assist with the development of the organization’s logo, brochure and other promotional materials.
Organization: Social Justice Co-operative of Newfoundland and Labrador
The Social Justice Co-operative of Newfoundland and Labrador is a non-profit co-operative with close to one hundred members, formally incorporated during the winter of 2013.
The Social Justice Co-operative of Newfoundland and Labrador is committed to raising awareness and speaking out on issues of social justice that impact our community and our world at large. We will bring a critical yet constructive voice to social justice issues and will engage with like-minded individuals and organisations to advocate for social change.
Title: Graphic Designer
Duties and Responsibilities :
· Design of Social Justice Co-op logo.
· Design Social Justice Co-operative brochure and banner.
Position may also include one or both of the following:
· Designing Social Justice Co-op newsletter
· Updating design of and posting content for Social Justice Coop website
· Design of letterhead and/or business cards
Times Needed and Work Location:
· Volunteer will work from home on his/her own time schedule. Minimum 6 months commitment.
· Logo requested as soon as feasibly possible, in order that we may include it in our brochure and banner during events planned for the weekend of November 30, 2013
· Brochure and banner to be completed by November 30, 2013
· Newsletter emailed to co-op members on a monthly basis. Occasional website updates (ie. events) as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements :
· The successful candidate should have experience working with digital design software.
· S/he should have experience working in the non-profit sector and demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to social justice issues.
Lines of Communication :
Volunteer will report to and receive guidance from and the Board of Directors during regular meetings.
· Volunteer will have the satisfaction of creating the overall look for a brand new local Social Justice group using an innovative, grassroots organizational model, in its formative stage.
· A great addition to your portfolio and reference for future employment
Candidate will supply CV along with samples of previous graphic design projects by Wednesday, Oct. 30.
Contact: Please submit to Lori Heath at email@example.com and cc Jenne Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, call Lori Heath at 709-753-3594.