(The following was scripted by and for Manuels River)
We are HIRING! Looking for a full-time, permanent Marketing Manager here at Manuels River – are you or someone you know interested? Check out our job posting:
JOB POSTING – Marketing Manager
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: Mid-August, 2017
Application Deadline: Monday, August 7 at 12 noon
Contact Name: Jillian Whittle, Executive Assistant
Contact Phone: (709) 834-2099 ext. 201
Contact email: email@example.com
Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre is a not-for-profit science and nature centre which features a world class trilobite fossil site and collection, and features the geological, biological and human history of Manuels River. The Centre is operated by the Manuels River Natural Heritage Society, a registered Canadian charity committed to the preservation and interpretation of the natural, cultural and geological history of the river through the development of education, recreation, and conservation opportunities. If you are a dynamic individual who enjoys interacting with the public and learning through fun, then Manuels River has opportunities that are right for you.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Application Requirements: Cover Letter, Resume, three references, and RNC Certificate of Conduct (COC) no more than 30 days old. If time constraints necessitate, the COC can be submitted following interviews.
Who can apply: Applicants legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial legislation
The Marketing Manager reports to the Executive Director and receives guidance in terms of organizational direction and marketing and communication strategy from the Marketing and Communications Committee of the Board of Directors. The Manager is the lead for all marketing and communications, overseeing the membership program, and assisting with fundraising strategies and programs.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
• Implementation and monitoring of a recently developed Marketing Plan for the organization
• Overall marketing, advertising, promotion and public relations for the Centre aligning with the organization’s Marketing Plan and Strategic Plan
• Working with staff to create, develop or enhance existing programs based on market research
• Creating or overseeing the creation of press releases, advertisements, promotional materials, and newsletters
• Creating or coordinating the creation of electronic and/or printed graphic materials
• Updating or coordinating the updating of the website and other digital properties including social media
• Managing and driving brand management to ensure all materials, services, and signage conform to the established brand identity
• Conducting market research and competitive analysis and research
• Tracking marketing initiatives, key performance indicators and producing regular reports for the Executive Director and the Marketing and Communications Committee
• Leading the development of the membership program, including supervision of the program’s database, monthly newsletter and other outreach
• Assisting the Executive Director and Board of Directors in developing and coordinating a major donor program
• Must be a recent graduate (within the past 24 months) of a recognized post-secondary Business program
• Must be currently unemployed
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Experience in web design, digital strategy, digital asset maintenance, and social media is a definite asset
• Computer skills, including office productivity software; graphic design and desktop publishing experience a definite asset
• Must be well organized, able to handle multiple projects and priorities, and have a natural orientation to detail
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Mail or email resume with cover letter, 3 references and RNC COC to:
Marketing Manager Position – Manuels River
7 Conception Bay Highway, CBS, NL, A1W 3A2
Applications must be received by Monday, August 7, 2017 at 12 noon.
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.